Friday 4 September 2009

My Black Ring is Gone!

As y'all now know, I am -or was- the proud owner of a black ring.
It being glass, it was only ever supposed to be temporary, but it looked awesome and now that it's snapped in two, it makes me sad. Wearing the ring was not only a symbol so that others aces I met on my travels (as if, in the WestCountry) could recognise me, it was also a symbol for myself.
It gave me confidence in myself whenever being different got me down, made me feel a part of something that buoyed me up when I needed it most. And now that feeling is gone.
For the moment, all I have is me- and the phantom ring that results from wearing it day in, day out. I feel like an amputee.


On the plus side, I get to look for an even nicer ring when I go shopping to Bristol tomorrow. Any store suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment